Leadership: Theory and Practice by Peter G. Northouse.
My go-to book on leadership.
I particularly like that:
- It gives an academically robust account of the major theories and models of leadership with a focus on how theory can inform practice.
- Whilst comprehensive, the writing style is not overly ‘technical’, there are lots of helpful diagrams and tables.
- It enables me to compare and contrast the different theories easily.
- Plenty of case studies and questionnaires.
- It is regularly updated. for example, the latest (9th) edition includes new real-world cases that profile leaders from across the globe, issues such as leadership during... (More)